topbella

Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Pregnancy Journey - 18th June

18-June-09

Well my toothache came back recently, so yesterday I made an appointment to see my regular dentist (back near home) but couldn’t get in till next Tuesday.
I was going to wait it out, but last night I was in such excruciating pain that I was forced to take Panadol. My ob/gyn said Panadol is OK but I still felt bad to my baby. Anyway, it eased the pain and I was able to get some sleep.
At about 11am this morning, I woke up in even more pain than the night before and realised I couldn’t wait another week for the dentist. So I rang the dentist across the road from my home and they were able to see me straight away.

Turns out, I’m in need of root canal – MY WORST NIGHTMARE!!! All my life, I have made damned sure I go to the dentist every 6 months when I get their little reminder note so that I have good teeth and to purposely avoid needing root canal! But just my luck, I need it anyway!!!

Well, if you think things couldn’t get any worse, 7 anesthetic needles later, I'M STILL IN PAIN!! He can’t get to the nerve to numb it so I'm left with the pain until next week when he is going to try again! In the meantime, he has injected some sort of anti-biotic to help it become more available for when he tries again.
They also sent me to radiology for an X-Ray, which scared the shit out of me because I'm pregnant, but just as the machine started spinning around my head, I got nauseas and almost passed out so then I had to be led to a room to lie down for 15 minutes to let it pass. All of this drama did not sit well with my hormones and I have been crying all morning.

Sucks to be me.

0 Reader Repsonses:


My Photo
Ms Boop
Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy the intricate workings of my mind as much as I do. Love Betty xXx
View my complete profile