topbella

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's only 9:30am and Im Already Having "one of those days"...

Ok So lately I've been having troubles getting out of bed and I’ve been rather late to work these past couple of weeks so yesterday my new plan of attack was to set my alarm half an hour earlier - that way if I sleep in for half an hour I'm still waking up on time…good plan right??

Ok so I set my alarm for 5:43am this morning…I vaguely remember it going off, I put it on Mr.J's pillow and fell back to sleep, knowing I had at least another 15 or so mins before I should seriously start waking up…that means my alarm would go off 4 times and since I was already half awake each one should wake me up a lil bit more and by the fourth I'd be that annoyed by the sound of it that I'd get up…I rolled over again and there was no alarm noise but I looked at the time and it was 7:24 holy fuck I'm late again!!!! That means the alarm must of gone off about 6 times and I didn’t hear one of em!!!!!

Ok so up I get, I ring Mr.J, get a lecture about always being late blah blah blah winge winge winge, I didn’t say anything cuz I was still half asleep anyway then he goes “so r u going back to bed” and I'm like “why would I go back to bed” idiot! Anywho I figure its best if I don’t shower - I don’t stink so I'm fine, so I just brushed my teeth, applied ample amounts of deodorants to the places it counts the most, got dressed and took off.

Now last night on the way back from my parents I ran out of petrol completely - right on the red line and the fuel light was on so I knew I wasn’t going to make it to the servo where I usually fill up so I went to the one up the road and just put ten bucks in to get me to my usual servo- I know it takes up more time stopping for fuel twice but the petrol station up the road is shit and more expensive (it was $1.12, the usual one was $1.00 today) ok so I fill up n hit the road…anyway I called Mr.J after about 15 mins cuz I hate arguing before working and I only have one hour with him tonight before going to work again so I rang and he apologised straight away and the only reason he gets frustrated is cuz he doesn’t want me to run myself into the ground (which is pretty much what I'm doing anyway) but hes worried etc etc we’ll figure it out, all is good. OK so I get to the usual servo and fill up. Now while I'm filling up I think to myself there are 3 things I need to do when I get inside, the first is pay for my petrol;

“number 1 please”
that’ll be $37 (or whatever it came to)

& the second thing I need to do…get two $30 optus recharges for me n Mr.J;

“and can I also have two $30 optus recharges please”
oh I'm sorry I cant do that for you
“why not”
because the machine isn’t working but if you like I can ring another station cuz we’re the same and you can get it from them
“um no I'm going in the other direction that’s too hard don’t worry about it ill pick it up somewhere else”
ok that’ll be $37 please

Ok so I pay, get in my car and drive off…. “shit - what was that third thing I had to do???” I got so confused with all that recharge crap that I completely forgot!! Oh well I'm sure it was nothing too important!

OK so I get to the street my work is on and I remember that at the top (the end I drive into) there is a whole bunch of shops, maybe there will be a shop there where I can buy credit!! And there is - a newsagency - Awesome!! So in I go…there's an old lady at the front organising some kind of purchase - the guy behind the counter is asian so neither one can understand each other so it goes on for a while both apologising for taking fucking forever at various intervals during it all - what the hell I'm already 30 minutes late!!! Ok so after about 10 minutes of their bullshit she finally leaves! My turn!!

“Can I please have 2 $30 optus recharges please”
>searches through the cards…………….<
no I'm sorry I only have one
“ok well what other denominations do you have for optus?”
>searches some more…<
um…$50 and $15
“ok so give me one $30 and 2 $15’s please”
ok that’ll be $60 please!

Before I pay something catches my eye on the $15 cards….. it says “$15 gives you $50 worth of credit. This is a $15 14day recharge card” That means I'd have $50 worth of credit but only 14 days to spend it - that just wont do…the whole point of us both getting credit is so Mr.J can call me just after 6am and give me a wake up call and force me out of bed to prevent the continuing lateness I am suffering from!!! We can call each other on free time and there is NO WAY we'd spend $50 worth of credit in just 14 days, for gods sake! So I told him not to worry about it and he goes

ok that’ll be $30

“um no I don’t want one I want two”
we don’t have two we only have one
“exactly which is why I don’t want to buy anything from you”
but we have one
“yes but I'm still going to have to go and buy the other one from somewhere else so I might as well buy them both together. Goodbye”

So I leave - I'm now 40 minutes late!!!

I get to work, pull up, the finance controller has taken my parking spot - AGAIN!!! So I park elsewhere…as I'm parking the car I get a massive grumble in my stomach - I'm starving because usually I'd get to work at 8 and would have finished eating by this time…then I remember what the 3rd thing was that I wanted to do at the second petrol station…get $20 cash out so I can buy some food! Great so I'm 45 minutes late to work, I still don’t have credit and I have no food and no money! I don’t even have enough church change to scrounge up something for the vending machine! Fucking great!

But wait - there's more.

Ok so I go upstairs and wash up my coffee mug - like I do every morning and I'm busting to do a wee so I head to the loo while I'm up there….now every month, when my period is due, its usually due on the Wednesday of the week, so that week I wear a liner every day until I get them just incase they come a day early or late or incase I don’t have a chance to go to the loo and notice that I have them when they come on a Wednesday…because I was in such a rush to leave the house this morning I didn’t remember they were due today and so I didn’t put on a liner….so guess how happy I was this morning to find out that they had arrived!!?? SO now to top off everything I have period pain, PMS (which I've had all week anyway) and cravings - that I cant satisfy because the vending machine doesn’t take VISA!!!!!!!!!

And while adding this note, the coffee truck arrives - good, when I had a cry to mum this morning about my bad day she gave me a cuddle and told me she'd give me some money so I can buy some things...good I'll get some banana bread from the coffee truck....Um no, no I wont...I CANT FIND MUM!!!!

0 Reader Repsonses:


My Photo
Ms Boop
Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy the intricate workings of my mind as much as I do. Love Betty xXx
View my complete profile