topbella

Friday, January 11, 2008

My Boogie Man

So...

Here I am.
Trying to be a grown up.
Trying to handle being home alone.

Went to the shops. Got some wine. Ordered Indian. Ate.
Sat down on my bean bag. Began to study.
No music... No TV… Silence…


I hear keys.

I don't worry. I hear keys all the time. My apartment door is right next to the communal elevator.

The keys get louder.

For a moment I think Mr.J has come home early to surprise me. I stop and think.

I have his keys.

The key is now sliding in the lock. There is someone there.

They are turning the key. They push on the door. I start to sweat. I can feel the panic rising in my entire being….Thoughts start racing through my mind. Did I lock the door? Did I take my keys out of the door? Who the fuck is there?

I want to scream at them. I want to say something. Anything. I have no words. I have no voice.

I hear them. Turning the handle. Trying the key again. Shaking the door. It wont budge.

Will it?

I race down the hallway. Grab the phone from my bedroom. Jump in my wardrobe. Call my mum. There is nothing she can do. She is miles away.

I turn on the TV. Loudly. I call the police. I call Ms.K.

"someone is trying to get in"

"im on my way"

I pack a bag. Drink more wine. Smoke a cigarette. She arrives. The police arrive. Nothing they can do.

We leave.

I am safe.

Goodbye Boogie Man

0 Reader Repsonses:


My Photo
Ms Boop
Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy the intricate workings of my mind as much as I do. Love Betty xXx
View my complete profile