topbella

Monday, January 16, 2012

Nachos Anyone?

I want to make nachos......of a different kind.

I just had some weird ass visualisation of a savoury/sweet alternative to nachos...

Instead of corn chips    potato chips (like plain crisps - or possibly kettle for extra crunch)

Instead of beef    marshmallows (pink AND white...cause I'm such a rebel)

Instead of beans  →  M&M's (as much as I love peanut m&m's, I'd suggest just sticking to plain for this recipe)

Instead of guacamole  →  caramel sauce (though I'm not sure if I'm 100% about this alternative and am open to suggestions)

Instead of sour cream  →  whipped cream (the spray-out-of-a-can kind, cause it's the best)

On an oven-proof tray, layer the crisps, then layer the marshmallows and sprinkle with m&m's.

Place tray in a pre-heated oven (about 150) and bake for 10-15 minutes (keep an eye on your melting marshmallows -  as a result, time may vary. Just use common sense).

Allow to cool slightly before serving with whipped cream and caramel sauce.

(FTR: I have not yet attempted this....but when I do, I will be sure to update)




2 Reader Repsonses:

Anonymous said...

Sounds an awful lot like Smores, as compared to nachos, Boop-by-day, An. Be. by night....

Maddi said...

Should not have read this post! Sounds so yummy!!


My Photo
Ms Boop
Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy the intricate workings of my mind as much as I do. Love Betty xXx
View my complete profile